10 people who have influenced me and how…
Here they are, in no particular order.
1. My best friend Katie…do you see a theme? She’s in a lot of these. She has just always “got” me. She really understands. She’s taught me a lot about being a mommy…..and the key phrase, don’t judge me!
2. Tami. Back when I was teaching, I met her. I was watching her kids and in a rough spot. Looking for a new place to live and it turned out, she needed some help with her kids. She was always so encouraging about going back to college, or whatever else I was dreaming about.
3 and 4. My aunt and uncle. They are the ones who raised my sisters and I after my parents died. Do I need to elaborate on how they influenced me?
5. My grandma Maggie. My daughter is named after her. She was an incredible person. I’m pretty sure she never had any enemies. She is just so kind hearted and funny. I have so many memories of her while I was growing up.
6 and 7. My kids. Seem silly? They have taught me even more patience than I already had. They remind me to enjoy every day and to play. A lot. They are so awesome!
8. My parents. I don’t remember a ton about them, there are a lot of my memories that I just can’t seem to tap into, but they made me who I am. Some are things I want to do with my kids, and some are things I don’t. They coached us in softball, I would love to do that! But they fought a lot, I don’t want to do that. When they died, it had a lasting impact on me (duh, right?) and my life took a crazy turn. Because of the courage they gave me, I was able to get through it pretty well, at least I think so.
9. Clare. He is this older guy who was living in the nursing home right across from our school growing up. My sisters and I would walk past there every day and he would come out to visit. He always brought us a treat too. A few years ago, he found our numbers and he still loves to call and chat.
10. God. I try to live my life in a manner he would approve of. It doesn’t always happen, but I try.
I’m sure I am forgetting something important, but it’s late, I’m tired.
Who are some people who have influenced your life? How did they influence it?