*Affiliate links are included in this post. All opinions are my own.*
I’m always trying to find something fun and new to do with the kids. I had bought the material for this project at least a year ago and it got shoved on a shelf and forgot about until recently. Since today was the first Packers game of the season, I decided it was time to kick this project into gear. I sat down to start making this DIY Tie blanket on my own, knowing full well that they would all want to help if they spied what I was doing. It only took a minute and they were ready to help and so excited about our project.
Making a tie blanket is super easy and doesn’t take long at all. The hard part is choosing your fabrics. That was pretty easy for me since I’m a diehard fan and knew that’s what I wanted to make. Let’s get started!
- Two fleece fabric pieces appx. 5 ft x 6 ft
- Lay one piece of fabric face down on the floor. Lay second piece over that face up. If necessary, trim edge of fleece. Mine had a white border on one side that I had to trim, but I also had to trim one edge of the fabric to fit with the other piece.
- Starting at one edge, cut pieces 1/2 to 1 inch wide and appx 2 inches long. Cut through both pieces of fleece at the same time. Continue all the way down one side.
- Tie a simple knot using one piece of each color fabric. Continue this all the way down one side. Repeat on all other sides.
- For the corners, you can either cut them off, just tie them or make diagonal slits on the corners and just tie them. It looks just fine however you do it.
It’s really that easy and quick. The kids had fun cutting and tieing the knots. Now, i’ve gotta run, there’s a game on and I have some little cuties to cuddle up with. Go Pack Go!
Looking for more football day fun ideas the kids will love? Check out this DIY football backdrop we set up for a last minute game day party.