If you have been playing along, you have now cleaned the bathrooms and bedrooms. Now, it’s onto the kitchen. Since you probably spend a ton of time in there, along with everybody else, this room probably needs the most work.
- Get rid of all expired foods in the refrigerator. Load the dishwasher as you go
- Remove everything from the refrigerator and freezer and place in a cooler. Thoroughly clean and scrub all shelves, bins, drawers, etc.
- Dust ceiling fans, shelving, blinds, light fixtures and ceilings.
- Spot clean any wall surfaces that have been splattered by cooking
- Use a wood cleaner to scour grease or cooking residue from cabinetry
- Clean oven thoroughly
- Remove knobs from the stove and clean all burners, handles, and surface. Also clean the range hood
- If food has accumulated in the dishwasher catch, dran and remove
- Wipe down surfaces of all appliances and clean the interior of the microwave
- Wash draperies
- Sweep and mop the floor
- Organize and sort through pantry, discarding expired items
- Remove dishes and wipe down shelves, also empty drawers and wipes them out
Read the entire list here.
What are your kitchen cleaning tips?